Old, Comfy Shoes

Friday, January 28, 2005

It's All Good

Remember that group project that I decided was going to run my life? Well it's getting a little easier. It changed from the initial idea of setting up a computer center for a local tutoring program to creating a teen center for the local Boys and Girls Club. We were going to get a TV, VCR, DVD player, paint, etc... to turn one of their rooms into a great place for teens to hang out.

Because God is so good and knows we didn't have the means to raise money for all that - the donations are just pouring in. My dad's work is donating a 36 inch TV and stand. Walmart is going to donate a gift card. I am working on Lowe's to donate paint supplies. The University might donate some furniture. Things are coming together. Hurray!

This project has made me realize how much I miss being regularly involved in a community service project. Especially in the inner-city. They are so much fun and I learn so much through them! Stupid school is taking up way too much of my time. Well kind of. I know that my ministry right now is here at school, however, I also know that there are tons of opportunities waiting for me when I graduate. While I need to be faithful while I am here, I can't wait to see what God has for me in the future. I get really excited just thinking about.

But for now I have a donated TV to move, classmates to love and exams to study for. Things are pretty good.

|