Old, Comfy Shoes

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Dancin'

Tonight I went swing dancing. In our lesson on Sunday we learned 1/4 of Whitey's Big Apple. Tonight we demonstrated 1/4 of the dance to everyone. I totally butchered it. Counting and stepping and balancing and people watching... ahhhh!!!! It was really fun though and I want to see people do this dance at a competition.

I danced with the Apex Guy tonight and in the middle of the dance he asked if I wanted to see something. Um... ok.... So we ran/danced across the dance floor to the mirror wall. He looked in the mirror and said "I have great hair." I wasn't really sure what to say so I just responded with "Umm... okkk....."

"No really! I have great hair."

"That's not really something people point out to others."

"Can't you see it? Great hair!"

At this point I realize that he is saying he has a GREY hair. It made tons more sense after that. I explained to him my confusion and he cracked up laughing.

Later that night I danced with Shawn, who is an excellent dancer. It's an honor to be asked to dance by one of the pros. And so in response to that honor I stepped on my feet, his feet, the people's feet around me and basically ruined the dance. It was horrible. I think I just blew my chances of ever learning how to dance from the great dancers around me. Sad.

|