Old, Comfy Shoes

Thursday, July 01, 2004

Swing Dancing

I went swing dancing again tonight. I hadn't been in a while and I had forgotten how much fun it was. I went to the lesson too. We learned a new dance step called the balboa. I liked it, although I can't tell you how many times I kicked my partners....

To one guy at SwingOut I am known not by my name, but by my church. This is generally a good thing. I want people to know what church I go to. But this guy honestly thinks my church's name is my name. Granted they both start with A's, but I have never heard of a person called "Apex".

Every week it's "HEY! Apex! How are you doing?"

"I'm fine Rich. Umm... My name is Andi. Apex is my church."

"Oh. Really? Hmmm."

Wait about 2 songs...

"Hey Apex, you want to dance?"

Oh well. I give up. At least my church doesn't have a different name. It would be weird to be called "First Baptist".

|