Old, Comfy Shoes

Sunday, October 03, 2004

Physics and Subways

It's happened twice now. This is the second time that I have dreamed that the weird guy from swing dancing who can't remember my name is stalking me and I have to run for my life. This dream was alot more intense than the first one. In the first one he caught me on a roller coaster that had replaced the elevator at the hotel we were staying in. We were there for some convention on physics - which is funny because I've never taken physics before, but I was a key speaker. I guess it's a good thing my stalker kidnapped me before I got up to speak and disappointed the physics community with my lack of knowledge.

I didn't get caught in this second dream - thanks to my mad skills in running down stairs. I couldn't run up stairs but I sure could speed down them. I could also jump from hand rail to hand rail like a little squirrel. My lack of cordination in real life would probably get me caught should someone be chasing me.

At one point in the dream I barely eluded my stalker and jumped onto a bus. The nazi bus driver wouldn't let me pay my fare at the end of the route. So instead of letting me off, he pulled onto a softball field and hit up 3rd graders for change for my fare. This confused my stalker so much that I escaped. And then I woke up in a cold sweat convinced I had almost died.

On another random note I've been e-mailing Ryan and was reminded of a funny story about him. Ryan was a friend of a friend and through strange circumstances we kept in touch and are now good friends. We run into each other in random places all over the country. Like New York City. Neither one of us live in NYC, nor do we spend a lot of time there. But last Christmas we were both there over break and met up. Ryan was staying with a friend and was kind enough to explore the city with Tamara and I.

24 hours after we left NYC we called Ryan and told him that we had gotten lost in the subways and had spent the night homeless in the Bronx. He proceeded to freak out. Before I could explain that it was a joke he interupted the family's dinner and was walking out the door to come get us. By the time he got back on the phone we were laughing so hard that he had figured out it was a joke.

When Tamara and I got in a car accident later that trip it took a while to convince Ryan it was true. He kept saying something about crying wolf....

Ok so that story seemed a lot better in my head than it does now all typed out. Sorry. It was supposed to be funny. Just forget you read it.

|