Old, Comfy Shoes

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Could You Please...

I am always amazed at the things that people will do if you just ask them. My friends and I tend to take advantage of this trait. Amberly and I especially. Here are some of the random
things she and I have gotten people to do:

  • Cram 9 people into a cupboard just to see if they could.
  • Squash 8 girls in my little 626 to go get ice cream.
  • Volunteer to speak at our parade for the Yugoslavian Children's Sock Fund. (I mean kids in Yugoslavia need socks too!)
  • Shove his head into one of those large barrels that are filled with ice water to keep pop cold. Just because.
  • Allow us to bring a "seeing eye dog" into a video rental store because Amberly is "blind". You remember.

Other random things that my friends and I have gotten people to do are as follows:

  • Share how "far" they have gone in a relationship for the sake of a "sociology survey".
  • Give up their bed at a retreat because they "ran out of rooms". (Ok. So maybe we did have a room.)
  • Switch drivers while driving.
  • Go dumpster diving.
  • And more that I can't remember right now.

Oh the joys of peer pressure. You should try it. Ask someone to do something random for you. They probably will.

And while you are at it... could you dress in a chicken suit?

|