Old, Comfy Shoes

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

The Indy 500

I made it through the Thermoforming conference this weekend. It was ok. Although, I didn't meet anyone even remotely as interesting as the Boeing Engineer from Huntsville.

I'm pretty sure that I was the only person there who didn't drink. Not that I could have if I had wanted to anyway, considering the fact that the entire catering-staff at the Hyatt thought I was 14. And as much fun as it was to watch a bunch of manufactures get drunk, I had some statistics homework calling my name. Yeah I know. It's pathetic. I go to a fun city and all the middle-age men go out to karooke bars while I sit in my hotel room and try and figure out the probabilities of pipes bursting. I love my life.

I drove the boat to Indy. It's also known as my Mamaw's Oldsmobile Eighty-eight Royale. I affectionately refer to it as "that-huge-thing-that-I-hate-to-drive". Yeah it rides really nicely, but I am neither old, nor ghetto, so it just doesn't suit me. It also has a suicidal tendency. I managed to restrain it into just running into a post in the parking garage and not actually killing itself or me. It's a pretty tricky car too. Like Herby on crack. It made its move when I was in a really frustrated state. I didn't see it point its nose right into that pole as we went around that 90 degree turn in the parking garage from hell. I hate that car.

It's good to be home and back in my car.

|