Old, Comfy Shoes

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Just a Thought

God has recently been showing me little examples of His holiness compared to our human baseness. And it's blowing me away.

We humans, not matter what we do, aren't even coming close to measuring up to God. I mean God's holiness is so pure we physically can't stand in it's presence. If I remember correctly, the Hebrew word for holy means something like "Not like us. Set apart." Isn't it cool that God is described as "Not like us"?

I've always believed that God is pure and holy and we are not, but I'm not sure I've always lived like it. I have to ask myself if I am treating God's holiness as "set apart" or do I strip the meaning off of the word and just treat it as another adjective used to describe God?

Then I said,
"Woe is me, for I am ruined!
Because I am a man of unclean lips,
And I live among a people of unclean lips;
For my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts."
Isaiah 6:5

|