Old, Comfy Shoes

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Crazy Weekend

Wow. This weekend has been a whirlwind of activity. I think the pace of my life is beginning to pick up and will rush non-stop until I go to India. As long as I get time to hang out with all my friends, I'm ok with that.

Some big events happened this weekend:
  • Nate graduated on Saturday. He was homeschooled his whole life. I think it's so neat to watch homeschool graduations; there is just something right about parents handing their children their diploma.
  • Matt got married on Saturday. I missed the wedding because I was at Nate's graduation, but I made it to the reception. Jonie looked so beautiful! And aside from the caterer throwing away my Godiva chocolate and me dropping food on the floor, it was a good reception.
  • Monica and Kelly were baptized on Sunday. I love watching people get baptized, especially my friends. They are awesome girls!
  • I got to jump on a trampoline on Sunday. That rocked my socks off!
  • Andy and Allison had their going-away party on Monday. It's so weird to think that my friends are old enough to be doing grown-up things like getting married, graduating, buying a house and moving away.
I did learn this weekend that apparently, no matter how dressed up I am, I still look no older than 17. I was definitely served non-alcoholic champagne at the wedding, because the caterer didn't think I looked old enough to even ask if I was 21. Oh well. I'll appreciate it when I'm 30.

|