Old, Comfy Shoes

Sunday, April 17, 2005

This Weekend

I think you can get used to the new look. Aside from a few minor changes it's probably here to stay.

This weekend I went on a state-wide campus ministry retreat. It was a good time. We had a great speaker, some good fellowship and a unique service project. But I really don't want to write about those.

Instead, I want to write about Miranda tripping over my cell phone charger cord. Normally when this kind of thing happens it isn't a big event. The person falls, I try not to laugh and ask them if they are ok, they get really embarrassed and life goes on. Miranda, however, has skills at tripping over cords because she breaks things. At first we just though that she just broke the outlet cover, but upon closer inspection we realized that she actually broke the plastic part of the outlet. Like it came off. There was no way anything could be plugged in there because all you could see were metal prongs just waiting to kill the person who connected them wrong. It was amazing.

Miranda was upset that she had destroyed someone's outlet, I however was impressed that she broke the outlet!

That in and of itself made my weekend. Thanks Miranda.

|