Old, Comfy Shoes

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Well Hello There!

I'm back. I've missed you.

The past two weeks have been CRAZY with school and work and friends. Well I guess it is still crazy, but a whole lot less stressful now.

Today I want to tell you a story about my cousin and his wife. It happened at our family reunion. Every year my dad's side of the family gets together the first weekend in August to go camping together. I have an extremely goofy family, making it a fun weekend.

Every year at the family reunion, Uncle Glenn and Aunt Vikki take on my cousin Steve and his wife, Jodi, in a game of euchre. They are intense and you dare not bother them. They have even been know to skip ruben and pizza pie-iron sandwiches for this game! They are serious!

Anyway, one year my cousin got up and his wife asked him, "Honey, will you please get me something to drink?"

"Sure." He replies.

He comes back with a glass of water and sets it next to his wife. Jodi takes a drink of it and notices that it tastes a little funny. Kind of stale. She drinks a little more and then holds it up to the light and sees little things floating in the water. GROSS!

And then it hits her. She realizes where Steve had gotten the water.

"STEVE! DID YOU GET THIS WATER FROM THE COOLER?"

"Maybe...."

Sure enough. Not wanting to waste time walking to the drinking water, Steve grabbed a cup and scooped melted ice water out of the bottom of a cooler and brought it to his wife. Complete with floating lettuce, plastic and food pieces.

Drink up Jodi!

|