Old, Comfy Shoes

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Shades of Grey

I don't know about you, but I hate grey areas. I am a black or white person. Give me a yes or no answer. Ambiguity, especially in moral and religious areas, frustrates me.

My culture tells me to be tolerant. To be accepting. But to tell you the truth, I can't. I can't be tolerant of grey religious areas. I can't stand it when Christians argue over doctrinal issues. I can't stand it when I don't understand scripture. I can't stand it when we make ethics relative. There must be a right or wrong answer. Why can't we see it? Why do these things look grey?

Despite our blurred vision, I do believe that God knows the answers. Truth is found in Him. However, while we are on this side of heaven, we will see through a glass dimly and will only see the black and white in shades of grey.

I hate the grey. I long for the clarity of heaven.

But until then I pray that He reveals a little more to me.

|