Old, Comfy Shoes

Saturday, January 01, 2005

I Live in My Car

I got new tires on my car - and I love them. What a difference they make.

I have spent a lot of time recently in my car. Tuesday I went to pick Tamara from the airport and our friend Meik was kind enough to join me. TRAFFIC WAS HORRIBLE. I hate that city. Our timing, however, was perfect and we pulled up just as Tamara walked out. I decided to take the bypass around and avoid the traffic jams and the headache. We drive and drive and drive until I realize we are heading south. Yes. That's right. I missed the exit for our interstate and we were looping the city again. CRAP!

We exit and look at a map to figure out how far we went. Yeah. We were a good 20 miles away from our exit. Grumble grumble grumble. That added about an 1 1/2 to our traveling time. Collectively that is 4.5 hrs of our lives that are just gone.

Today I got lost coming back from my uncle's house. We make 2 turns off the highway to get to his place. I made about 50 million turns leaving it and ended up somewhere on the north end of town. AHHHH. I spent about an hour driving around lost. He only lives 45 min away from me. What a great way to start the new year!

|