Old, Comfy Shoes

Saturday, November 27, 2004

'Tis The Season.... To Steal?

I had a very nice Thanksgiving. I got to play bubbles with my wonderful 5-year old cousin, Evan. He renamed me Ambrea and Ambi because "it sounded funnier." I love Evan; he gets my sarcasm. We got in an argument over who was to blame for the bubbles spilling. He finally decided that he would take the blame because "Grandma likes him better". Whatever. She loves me too.

I got to move into my new room. It is great. I'll try and get some pictures of my new dresser on here. I repainted this one as well and I love it.

*****************
I am one of those crazy people who went shopping the day after Thanksgiving. Don't worry, I took my pepper spray. The only thing on my list to get was a comforter to match my new room! While Amberly and I were shopping my trunk apparently made a pact with the devil and decided to pop open. We were informed of this by a nice young man who stuck half of his body out the window of a moving vehicle to waved and scream at us. Too funny.

To further seal the deal with satan, the traitorous trunk would not shut. No amount of slamming, yelling, or jimmy-rigging would shut the trunk. Fine. I got some twine at Target, folded my seats down, climbed into the trunk and tied that trunk down. (I also got my comforter - it was so beautiful!)

We went to eat and to the mall and then realized that the trunk wasn't tied down anymore. Did the twine break? Oh no. Some nice person cut the twine and stole my comforter.

Merry Christmas to you too.

Maybe it was a homeless person who needed a blanket. A homeless man did steal Amberly's sub sandwich out of her car.... If that is the case, I hope it keeps them warm. Otherwise, anyone else will find out soon enough that Target doesn't accept returns without a receipt. Mwahaha.


|