Old, Comfy Shoes

Friday, November 05, 2004

Stuck Here For Now

I don't know about anyone else, but there are times (like now) when I get really tired of this whole free will thing. Sometimes I think that life would be so much easier if God just made us follow Him. None of this stumbling and messing up and forgetting to love. We just would love the Lord our God with all our heart and love our neighbors as ourselves everyday because that's what we had to do.

I understand the reasons why free will really makes our choice to follow God better than being forced to follow Him, but sometimes, dangit, I make so many bad choices that I would rather not have that option.

There was a time in my life where I was so broken that Christ was the only thing waking me up in the morning. While I don't miss the pain of that time, I do miss the closeness to Christ. It made the pain worth it.

So I guess what I am trying to say is this: I can't wait to get to heaven where the only choice I have is to worship God. How sweet that will be. I mean let's face it. This life is hard and messy and painful.

I'm glad Christ gives us so much more to look forward to.

|