Old, Comfy Shoes

Saturday, November 27, 2004

Punkin Treasures

My cousin brought a pumpkin dessert to our family Thanksgiving dinner today. My uncle was eating a piece and suddenly discovered a treasure in his dessert. Was it more pumpkin? A coin? An action figure? No. It was a paper clip. My mom soon found two paper clips in her piece. Yes. Not only was this dessert tasty but it also contained office supply treasures.

There are two theories as to how the paper clips got in the food.

1. My cousin's small children threw them in while "helping" their parents bake.

2. My cousin's husband inadvertently threw them in the flour container, mistaking it for the "junk" container sitting next to it.

Either way it was pretty dang funny.

What treasures did you find in your Thanksgiving food?

I found a muffler in the pound cake.

|