Old, Comfy Shoes

Saturday, October 23, 2004

Thoughts on People

I generally like people. They are funny, quirky and all around interesting. However, people always come with drama and stress that I absolutely HATE. They are the source of great fun and excitement but they are also the source of my current eye twitch. Which, by the way, has moved from one corner of my eye to the top eye lid to the corner of my eye near my nose. It's so dang annoying.

One of the more quirky people I know told me about the time she witnessed a robbery. The guy ran out of the store and jumped in his car to speed away. However, a concerned patron pulled his car in behind the robber, blocking him in. Instead of getting out of the car and running away, the thief broke down and cried. Chris jumped in the passenger seat and led the man to Christ before the police came and arrested him. How cool is that?

My friend Meik explained to us all the other day that as a child he pictured Satan as a giant baked potato. With string arms and legs.

See. People are interesting.

But as much as I like people, I HATE GROUP PROJECTS. Unfortunately, all my classes this quarter have large group projects.

My econ group is causing me the most stress. I mean is it too much to expect that seniors would know how to properly document sources in a research paper in MLA format? Apparently it is as my section is the only one properly referenced. I love it that my grade depends on their incompetence.

One girl in another one of my groups brought me a video that "I need to watch" for my section. Like I use videos as references. Last time I tried to highlight key points in a video it didn't work. Besides, this girl had gotten the video from the library. Apparently she doesn't realize that the county library system is threatening to turn my name into a collection agency because of overdue fines. I really don't need the risk of forgetting to return her video.

I also hate group projects because I feel the need to become the anal one in the group. I mean it takes a lot of effort to successfully work in groups. If you don't do your part you are screwing up everyone else. So yeah. I'm that girl. The girl that sends out the e-mails telling everyone to reference sources and asking to meet at 8am. I hate being the girl. But I would rather be that girl than the girl that has to repeat the class because her group project sucked.

Well I am off to be "that girl" some more. Oh for college to be done.

|