Old, Comfy Shoes

Thursday, October 14, 2004

My Bread

I don't have a funny post. Just a serious one. So if you are looking for an funny, amusing, and entertaining post, go here. Otherwise, feel free to keep reading.

I had forgotten how much I love to study the Bible. Not just read it, but study it. Like spend-days-on-the-same-passage-and-feel-like-I-am-just-getting-the-gist-of-what-it-really-says kind of studying. I really, really enjoy that. It pushes me intellectually and challenges how I live.

The problem is that this kind of study takes a whole lot of time and it's easy to forget to make time for it. Plus there are a million and five other things out there that will try and keep me from this. And a million and four times I rationalize why God would understand if I just skimmed this chapter.

But it's that one million and fifth time that is WONDERFUL. It is then that the sweetness of learning more about my God breaks through my excuses. It makes me want to rationalize less and study more.

So thanks small group for asking hard questions that force me to do this kind of in-depth study. I need it.

And you know. As I type this, I can't really explain it. So I am going to stop trying.

|