Old, Comfy Shoes

Monday, October 11, 2004

A Disciplined Me

I must admit that I am not a disciplined person by nature. Thus the reason for posting instead of studying for my mid-term tomorrow. But I realize that I need to be more disciplined and that's part of the battle right? Well I've come up with some tricks that are helping me become more disciplined. Since I am probably not the only person who struggles with this, I will share my tips. Here are eight areas that you can become more disciplined in:

1. Take a short nap. It is very easy to lay down for a 20 min nap and wake up 2 hours later. The key is waiting until you have to pee before you start your nap. You then time it so that in 20 minutes you can't help but get up and run to the bathroom or wet your bed.

2. Go Running. The biggest battle for this is actually starting the run. Once you do that plan to run near a place with TONS of biting flies. Like a cattle farm. This way you are motivated to keep running since everytime you slow to a walk you are attacked by millions of insects. Swamps and mosquitoes also work. You could also wear shorts and a t-shirt outside in the winter to encourage you to keep running to stay warm.

3. Save Money. The key here is to make your money inaccessible. Use a bank that has very inconvenient hours, like 9-4:30, and no ATM's. This will make sure that you can only withdraw money early Saturday morning.

4. Wake up-on a Saturday and be Productive. See tip number 3. Or break the snooze button.

5. Read your Bible Regularly. Have a friend call you every day to see if you have. This will help you both.

6. Go to class. Don't buy the book. You have to go to class, because you can't make up any information that you miss.

7. Drive the speed limit. Two Words. Cruise. Control.

8. Eat Right. Develop severe allergies to pop, chocolate and french fries. I'm not exactly sure how this would be done but it seems like it would be a good way to eliminate junk food.

9. Learn a foreign language. Move to another country. Buy only books in that language. Listen to only songs in that language. You will either become a mute and a hermit or learn the language.

10. Eliminate junk. Move periodically. Probably every 6 months should do it. If you can't fit it inside your car, pitch it.

Well there you have it. 10 ways to become more disciplined. Now if you will excuse me, I have some ice cream to eat and TV to watch.

|