Old, Comfy Shoes

Monday, September 13, 2004

The Squirrel Game

Fact: Games that bored you as a child, will still be bore you as an adult.

Take for instance The Squirrel Game. I hate The Squirrel Game. Apparently this is because my attention span is less than that of a 5-year old. Tonight my mom dug out some old board games from when we were little. It should have been a fun time of playing mindless children's games. It should have been a relaxing evening and for everyone else who can focus on one thing for longer than 5 minutes, it was.

The Squirrel Game consists of moving your little squirrels around the board collecting pine cones. Simple enough. But if you get too many cones in one trip then you have to dump them all back into the cup. When my mom brought the game out I vaguely remembered it taking a really long time to play. Nate pointed out that when you are little everything takes a really long time so shut up and play.

Well I lasted about 15 minutes. We weren't anywhere close to being done. I resigned myself to starving over the winter and quit. I can't remember ever finishing that game and considering the fact that my attention span has yet to improve, I doubt I ever will.

I just can't get over the urge to stick those little pine cones up my nose.

|