Old, Comfy Shoes

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Off Days

You know those days that just seem off? Everything is going perfectly but something is wrong. You just can't be content. You're ansty. Your favorite clothes don't fit right. Good food is unsatisfying. The perfect weather is too hot or too cold. The color of your room annoys you. Something just isn't right and you can't put your finger on it.

I hate those days and I love them. I hate them because I can't get comfortable. I love them because they help me remember.

I'm not supposed to fit in this world.

This world is not my home. In fact, this world is supposed to hate me. I shouldn't get comfortable in a place that hates me. That's just common sense. But what if the world doesn't know it's supposed to hate me? That's no good.

So as much as I hate days like that, I am grateful for them. They remind me what is really important and where my focus should be. And that's more important than being comfortable.

|