Old, Comfy Shoes

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Floor It

I almost died today.

I didn't because I was speeding.

The moron driving in front of me thought it was acceptable to go the speed limit and almost got me killed. Fortunately, he moved over and I was able to accelerate to a more appropriate speed and quickly pass a semi.

Right after I passed that semi, that sucker blew a tire. Had I been going the speed limit I would have been right next to him when it happened. Granted, the driver maintained complete control during the whole thing, but there were pieces of rubber flying everywhere. If I had been next to him, I would have gotten hit with the rubber, lost control and DIED.

Yes. Died. But instead I was in a hurry to get home, eat and take a nap and therefore saved my life.

The media is so biased in its views on speeding. Don't speed - you could kill people. Don't speed - it's against the law. Whatever. They are so narrow minded. Do they ever report about how speeding saves people, like what happened to me today? No. This is why I don't read a newspaper. Too much bias in the press.

So moral of the story: Save lives. Speed.

|