Old, Comfy Shoes

Thursday, September 02, 2004

Computers are the Devil

I almost lost my job today. The job that I love was almost taken from me. It would have been my fault too. Lemme explain.

I work with the Director of Business Development. He's the dude that goes out and finds new contracts for us - keepin the cash rollin in. I had a simple task: take all his contacts in Outlook and move them into an Excel spreadsheet.

I didn't exactly know what I was doing - but I was figuring it out. Or so I thought. But suddenly all his contacts are gone. All 1350 of them are gone. Those 1350 names represent all the business leads for the company.

I'm dead. At this point I wasn't sure whether it would be best to tell them I quit or just walk out and never come back. Suicide seemed like a viable choice as well.

Well I finally found them - and moved them back - saving my life and my job. I now officially hate Microsoft with all that I am.

Well that's all I got- my life's kind of boring. I may just start making up stories...

|