Old, Comfy Shoes

Saturday, August 28, 2004

Watch Your Stuff

I am becoming a kleptomaniac. This scares me. So far my sticky-fingers have been limited to work activities. First I stole juice boxes. Now I am stealing shoes.

That's right. Shoes. Here's how I got away with it:

At the last company picnic we were playing sand volleyball. I really had to leave - I was late to Bible study - but I was talked into one more game. We won. I grabbed all my stuff, ran into the locker room, changed and rushed off to the Bible study.

At the end of the study we were standing in a circle getting ready to pray. I looked down and realized that my flip flops looked extremlly large. Hmm... They looked the same, just bigger. That's when I realized that I had grabbed some guy's flip flops instead of mine.

You wore guys flip flops and didn't even know it?

Yes. I just thought they had come extra strong flip to the flop while I walked. Now don't start thinking I have huge clown feet. I do have big feet, but they aren't huge. I mean the guy's flip flops didn't fit me - they were too big. And that guy wouldn't have been able to fit into my flip flops. Poor guy I guess he went barefoot...

So the moral of the story is: watch your stuff when I'm around. I don't mean to steal things, I just can't help it.

|