Old, Comfy Shoes

Friday, August 20, 2004

To the South and Back

I'm back from my trip to the Army Space and Missile Defense Conference in Huntsville, Alabama. Alabama was not a horrible place - but I will probably never make any effort to go there again. It was state 31 that I visited - nothing more. I'm sorry AL, I used you. There was never anything between us - just a list of states to check off. Don't cry. It's for the best.

As always, here are my candidly exaggerated observations:

- Middle age, highly educated men of Huntsville wear bifocals like these. Yeah. I thought that too.

- Only in AL would a conference center have an East/West hall. Yes. That's right. It's the same room. You can go both and east and west by walking the same direction from the entrance. I guess in Huntsville God only throws sins as far as the other side of the room. Pretty depressing.

- Apparently very few people want to go to Huntsville, this is why we flew on a small plane. Although lots of people must want to leave Huntsville since we flew back on a larger plane. I don't mind small planes - I am however leery of planes built by the Wright brothers. The plane just looked like it was about to fall apart. The air conditioning that dripped on the guy in front of me was amusing. Kind of like Chinese water torture in the air.

There you have it. I need to tell you all about an engineer I met from Boeing. But some of you have the attention span of a toy poodle and can't handle long posts. So I will keep this one short. But by this point I've probably lost you already so I can insult you all I want since you will never read this. Anyway, my post about my friend from Boeing will be coming.

|