Old, Comfy Shoes

Thursday, August 05, 2004

Pahk Yah Cah in Da Yahd

Some people believe my last post was a little racist, as all beings of evil mentioned were minorities. I in no way believe that gender, skin color, or speech impediments automatically correlate into demonic behavior. I will however, call it as I see it, and the most hateful people in Braintree, Mass were an African-American women and an Indian women. I did fail to mention the rude Caucasian male who yelled at us for attempting to board the wrong train. He wasn't hateful though, just rude. He obviously needed to learn how to deal with passengers. A demon in training if you will.

New Englanders did live up to their stereotype of hating everyone who doesn't live for clam chowdah, grow up on the coast, and break every known traffic law. But I could get past that. I will probably never see these people again and they can hate me all they want. Although flipping someone off just because they waved to you is a little much. Just tryin to spread some freakin joy, moron. How about I merge my joy into your car?

Anyway. I kept finding myself picking up the New England accent. It's easy since it's such a lazy way of speaking. It made me mad. It's not Bawstin. It's Boston. Maybe they don't have speech therapy there. Those poor people. They have to live with Satan and speak poorly.

Next trip is to Huntsville, Alabama. I'm sure I'll meet some interesting people there.

|