Old, Comfy Shoes

Sunday, August 08, 2004

Family Reunion

This weekend was my family reunion. We went "camping". By "camping" I mean people stayed in cabins at a campground with a pool, putt-putt course, and internet hook-up. My immediate family alone slept in tents. We were roughing it.

I learned some fun things about my crazy, wacko family.

My Uncle and cousin are taking a 3 week tour of the Eastern United States. Their goal is to play as much putt-putt as possible during the trip. Apparently there are some "world class putt-putt courses up there."

My other cousin told me about a girl she works with at an ice cream stand that is extremely stupid. Once, when asked to hold the nuts on a sundae, this girl poured the nuts into her hand, and asked the customer what they wanted her to do with them. Had I been that customer, I would have fallen on the ground laughing.

Another one of my cousins and his wife are going into full-time ministry. He will be Pastor Steve. They are both excited and scared about what that will mean.

My 18 year old cousin and his girlfriend are talking about marriage. CRAZY!!! They are just kids. Heck, I'm just a kid and people 3 years younger than me definitely shouldn't be getting married.

Uncle Glenn shared these words of wisdom to all of us nieces and nephews: "Do NOT burn popcorn in a microwave. It smells really bad!" It's always great to get nuggets of wisdom from those older than me.

That was my family reunion in a nutshell.

|