Old, Comfy Shoes

Thursday, July 01, 2004

Quiet Lessons

Take note of this post. You may never see one like it again. I am generally not in favor of personal blogs that share every bit of information about a person. Normally it's too much information. But tonight, I would like to share some personal things.

Because God is so great.

I started this summer very discouraged. I didn't know where my passion had gone. The things I did, I did because people wanted me to do them. That's a crappy way to live, and an even crappier way to do ministry.

This summer would be the summer of NO. I wasn't going to do anything just because people wanted me to. I had to find my passion first. What one thing did God want me to do? I wanted to run after something with all my strength - I just needed God to point me in the right direction.

So I started praying for a passion. I started praying for a desire for God, His Word and His people. This is what I learned.

My passion is Christ. Peroid. I need no other passion. He alone is what I need to run after. It's simple and I had gotten sidetracked with all the activity of ministry and forgotten why I was ministering.

Slowly the passion for Christ is returning and out of that is flowing a desire for ministry. I am beginning to see people as His creations. I am starting to listen more. I see the value of attending a Bible study I don't lead. My friends and I have started keeping each other more accountable.

None of this happened because of me but because the God I serve is so great. Because He answers people when they seek Him. Because His love reaches me at my level. Because He will never leave me.

I can't find a better passion than Him.

|