Old, Comfy Shoes

Friday, July 16, 2004

Office Space

I'm getting moved to a cage at work. My desk will reside inside a partition box which insanely optimistic people call a cubicle. I won't really be part of a cubicle maze, since there is only one wall of cubicles, and 4 rooms generally do not constitute a maze.
 
I will however probably shrivel up and die in my box. No one would know either, because they are all stuck in their own little cubicles as well. I'm moving from a large room with 15 students working in it - to another large room with cubicles and 5 people.
 
I told my supervisor that I would probably end up standing on my desk to look over my walls at people. Stephen agreed that cubicles will definitely decrease productivity, cause employee morale to plumment and increase mental health care costs. In short it would be an HR nightmare. I thought we had a strong case, but I guess not. We are still moving. Although Brenda did agree to take out a wall and let Stephen and I share a cubicle AND A WINDOW.
 
Yes. That's right. A window. Watch out world I'm movin' up!



|