Old, Comfy Shoes

Friday, July 23, 2004

Jr. High kids and Sharpies

I normally do not like junior high kids. It is probably because most of my junior high time was spent around junior high girls. It is a well known fact that Jr. high girl's lives are composed of drama and lots of it. Conversations normally run unpuncuated like this:

"Ohmygosh! He looked at me and I think that means that he likes me but then he looked at this other girl and kind of smiled and I bet it is because she is way prettier than me since she doesn't have braces and I just knew he didn't like me because I'm way ugly but did you see what she was wearing......" 

Although, Jr. high kids aren't all bad. They do make me laugh. Especially the two boys in the back of the bus this past Christmas. We were heading home and I looked back to see one boy, tongue sticking out, drawing on his friends face with a sharpie.

Being the responsible chaperone that I am I stepped in.

"Ummm... guys. What are you doing?"

Mister sharpie answers, "Drawing eyebrows."

"Right..... Why?"

"My friends shaved my eyebrows off in my sleep last night," said the kid getting the 'brow job. "My mom would flip if I showed up without eyebrows."

"So your friend is helping you out by drawing them on for you?"

"Yep. He's a great friend."

"Yes he is. I bet your mom won't even notice."

"That's why we used a brown sharpie," interjects the new make-up artist.

"Gotcha. She'll love the Groucho Marx 'brows for sure."

"The what 'brows?"

"Never mind. You missed a spot."
 
"Thanks."
 
I wish I could have seen the mom's reaction. That kid's new eyebrows covered half of his forehead!

|