Old, Comfy Shoes

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

He said WHAT?!?!

Words can kill. We all know that. One off-handed comment can ruin a day and create tears. In tribute to hurtful stupidity I have compiled a list. I call it my "things-that-you-should-never-say-to-someone-who-has-professed-their-undying-love-to-you" list.

These are things that really were said. One I said and one was said to me. The other comments my friends had the fortunante experience of either saying or hearing.

In no particular order, here they are:

1. "It's strange that I am dating you. I am normally attracted to tall, brainy guys."

2. "It would take something desperate for us to date."

3. "If you are trying to date me, you are doing a really bad job."

4. "In the scope of eternity, it really doesn't matter if we date or not."

5. "I think our relationship was just closure for me."

There you have it. If you have any more you want to add, please let me know!

|