Old, Comfy Shoes

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Lava Lava Island

Mass chaos.

Today was the first day of Lava Lava Island Vacation Bible School at my church. My church is affectionately referred to as "controlled chaos". Not so much with VBS - more chaos, less control.

After I took over the game time I began to teach the kids a fun song about sharks attacking a swimmer and the swimmer dying.... and... well that's about as far as we got; snack time was starting. I know. The first time I heard it I thought the same thing.

This is the worst church song ever. We just killed the nice swimmer. We should have a milestone tied around our necks and be thrown into the sea.

We didn't get to the part about the big party in heaven with Jesus. See the party in heaven part really makes the morbid kids rhyme fun and lighthearted. But I didn't get to that part. All the other crew leaders hate me now. I can't go back.

|