Old, Comfy Shoes

Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Happily Ever After

Today was a kind of bad day. It wasn't a move to Australia terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day. But it wasn't a good day either. Just kind of bad. I was trying to figure out why it was a bad day; it wasn't because my hair looked like it was styled by a blind person with no hands, or because I almost rear-ended a car, or because my eye twitch returned thanks to Mr. Stress. No, it was because today I found out that one of the most attractive guys I work with has a girlfriend. Stupid girl.

This stupid girl is probably a good thing though. I was beginning to feel a little guilty praying for his salvation for the sole purpose of dating him. Now I'll have to pray for his salvation because God loves him or something like that. (I wish sarcasm was more evident in writing - then I wouldn't seem so shallow)

Besides that my mom always told me that I should never date an attractive guy. Something about other girls noticing him, and always having to worry. My good friend, Amberly, advises that I find a guy that no one else would want so that he would be mine all mine. So as soon as I find an unattractive guy that no one wants I will be well on my way to happily ever after.

In an attempt to take a shallow post deeper, I would like to post my list of non-negotiables for a guy. That's right. I have it in writing. 15 things that any guy I would date has to have. Hangs on my wall where I can see it every day.

OH MY GOSH ANDI! 15!!! Holy cow! Are you trying to stay single???

Yeah I know... but I know guys who have met all 15 items on my list. I don't think it is an unreasonable list - and besides, I would rather set the bar too high than too low. I've seen too many people set it too low.

So for all of you that have asked for my list here it is in no particular order: (except number 1... though I guess it doesn't matter since the essence of the list is that they are non-negotiable - you can't just slide by with meeting 14 - have to meet all 15!)

1. Strong, growing Christian with the same convictions as me
2. Doesn't abuse alcohol or drugs
3. Honest
4. Trustworthy
5. Servant's Heart
6. Has goals and plans for his life and be pursuing them.
7. Consider education important
8. Respect Authorities/elders
9. Hard worker
10. Keeps his word even when it is hard to do.
11. Has a job, or be actively looking for one.
12. Well respected by his peers and his authorities
13. Sense of humor
14. Manages money well
15. My parents and my sister MUST like him

If you are a single guy who has met all 15, please send a resume with a cover letter to andicandi@juno.com.

|