Old, Comfy Shoes

Sunday, May 02, 2004

Today I went to church, and at my church coffee is served. Well normally coffee is served, but today we ran out and the coffee worker had neglected their post. So I decided to pitch in, help out and make some coffee. Now I have only used the coffee machine once, and that was back in February. But I was confident I could remember, I mean common.... how hard is it to make coffee?

Well they switched coffee beans on me, and on top of that I couldn't remember how much coffee makes a large pot. So 6 oz. sounded about right. I measured it all out, put it all together, and started the coffee process.

I think I made the worst coffee ever.

For one it had to have been strong, since it was almost black, and two it didn't smell like coffee. There was an aroma not unlike a baby's diaper in that room.

But church had started so I set the pot "unique" coffee out, so that 60 cups of my creation could be "enjoyed."

It wasn't until half way through the service that I realized the diaper smell could have been connected with my coffee. Then I figured I probably should have tasted it before I subjected all of Apex to it. By then it was too late.

So sorry to all Apexers who received a cup of the worst coffee ever.

I'll do better next time! I promise!

|