Old, Comfy Shoes

Saturday, May 15, 2004

Showers of Blessings

I left my sunroof open Thursday night. Not all the way open - it doesn't slide back anymore because it's broken. Which is good because it used to slide open, but not closed. I discovered this one really cold winter day. For some reason I opened my sunroof and then realized it wouldn't shut. That was one bitterly cold drive home. My brother's broke the sunroof even more so that now it just tilts open.

It rained Thursday Night. Crap. My seats were damp, not wet, but damp, which means my butt was damp. Gross. And my car smelled like big nasty butt. (My damp butt didn't cause this smell, but the damp seats sitting in the sun did.) You know how you are supposed to leave the wrappers on car air freshers for like 3 weeks? Well who wants to hang an air freshener with a wrapper on it in their window? That is just all kinds of un-cool. I want my strawberry scented leaf to be seen in all it's coolness. But if you open the air freshner all the way - the smell is overpowering. I mean like stuff-the-air-freshner-under-the-seat-and-stick-your-head-out-the-window overpowering. So to eliminate the nasty butt smell I open an air freshner and drive with my head out the window.

I left my sunroof AND my back window open last night. Yeah - it rained again. So now my car reeks.

That reminds me of the time I went to Dallas for One Day and stay with a friend of a friend named "Bling, Bling the Wonder Monkey." Yeah I dunno what I was thinking either. But he was nice enough to pick me up from the airport and let me stay at his parent's house. He had just gotten a new car and was really worried about the storm coming through. But he didn't have a garage to keep his car in, so there really wasn't much he could do. This was a bad storm though - the thunder shook cars enough to set off alarms, and a tornado touched down fairly close to where One Dayers were camping. As it turns out Bling Bling didn't have to worry about trees falling on his car, he should have thought more about shutting the sunroof. That was one, long, wet car ride.

BTW, I never paid Bling Bling for gas for that. Sorry. If you are reading this Bling Bling, drop me a line.

|